Jones & Co draws on the wide experience of its core partner team but also, where clients have particular specialist requirements, a trusted network of key associates with many years of business advisory and consulting experience.
Below are examples of our team’s track record of working with a cross-section of organisations:
Business strategy and planning
- “Root-and-branch” SWOT analysis of owner-managed medical clinic, with clear identification of root causes and drivers of under-performance. Development of profit improvement programme, with provision of implemention support for new marketing and operational initiatives. Ongoing role to support Board to achieve Business Plan
Performance management and reporting
- Investigation of root causes of “out-of-control” performance reporting for UK and French subsidiaries of US parent in automotive sector, and support with development and management of new reporting processes
- Restructuring of supply chain for UK subsidiary of international healthcare products group to address problems with local stock availability. Improvements to credit control processes resulting in significant drop in debtor days, reduced bad debt write-offs and improved cash flow
- Identifying and addressing underlying issues causing invoicing and pricing errors which were resulting in high levels of queries and outstanding debtors for a charity. Developing a route map to enable the charity to migrate to a simplified, more efficient and robust process
Training and coaching
- Delivery of finance for non-finance personnel training workshops for owner-managed marketing agency. Focus on application of key principles to the everyday roles of workshop participants and providing time for interactive discussion of individual queries
- Wide experience of procurement projects with variety of commercial and not-for-profit organisations. Significant cost savings and process improvements achieved, many on a contingent fee basis.